Thursday, June 14, 2012

Rest


As I'm juggling summer camp logistics for my son, final editing on my new book, retreat prep/facilitation, managing business details and interviewing/training staff I find myself spiking with envy when I see my friends summer vacation photos.

Last week I had some serious deadlines to nail, but Wednesday during my morning meditation I heard loud and clear that I needed to slow down .... and rest. Rest....are you kidding?! At one of my busiest times? "Yes," a kind, still voice repeated, "Rest."

Surrendering, I fixed myself a big steamy mug of chamomile citrus tea, picked up an old weathered copy of Return to Love and settled in on the couch with my favorite blanket. The highlight of the day? A two -hour nap!

When I woke up Thursday morning and returned to my book deadlines, the editing flowed. It was enjoyable. And I completed twice the amount of work I had expected to that day.

Claudia Welch, author of one of my new favorite books, "Balance Your Hormones, Balance Your Life: Achieving Optimal Health and Wellness through Ayurveda, Chinese Medicine, and Western Science," says, "If we feel tired, we think something is wrong. Nothing is wrong. We are just tired. We need rest. Sometimes a lot of it, if we’ve gone for years vetoing our body’s signals."

Ok body, I'm listening.

Angela, one of my wise yoga teachers, loves to remind her students that there are times we simply need to do nothing. And then rest. Sounds good to me.

P.S. Interested in learning how to attune and respond to your body and spirit's deepest needs and desires?There's still room in my June 22-24 New Way of Being: Women's Self-Renewal Retreat if you want to join us at the beautiful Kripalu Center for Yoga & Wellness in Massachusetts! We'd love to have you continue this conversation with us in our upcoming women's circle.
I love to hear from, connect with and meet The Journey readers at our events. I invite you to:

  • Find Your Tribe: Join or learn to facilitate Personal Renewal Groups for women
  • Attend a retreat/event including my June 22-24 Kripalu retreat; check out all upcoming events
  • Learn about Live Inside Out and receive weekly inspiration on our Live Inside Out Facebook Community
  • Pick up my life balance title The Mother's Guide to Self-Renewal from the library or buy it here or at your local bookstore
  • Read past issues of my Life Balance newsletter or Career Management newsletter
  • Take Action: Contact one of our career or life balance coaches for 1-on-1 support; receive an initial complimentary consultation
  • Empower Others: Schedule Renee for a private workshop or retreat for your company or organization
  • I Choose Love PSA: a reminder that when we come from love--one of the most powerful yet underutilized forces on the planet--we have the ability to transcend fear and remember what we're really hear to do: give and receive love. Learn more
Subscribe to The Journey, a weekly blog about coach/author/entrepreneur Renee Trudeau’s personal journey to creating balance from the inside out.

Photo at top: featurepics.com


No comments: